There’s a Long Line of Buyers Waiting for Your House
If you’re following what’s happening in the housing market right now, you know that many people believe the winter months aren’t a good time to sell a home.
As realtor.com Senior Economist George Ratiu recently noted,
“Sellers tend to be more reluctant to list during the colder time of year when the market typically makes a seasonal slowdown.”
However, a recent report by ShowingTime reveals how this year is different. Buyer activity is way up compared to the same time last year. The report explains,
“The nation’s 12.6% growth in home showings compared to 2018 was the most significant jump in buyer traffic during the current four-month streak of year-over-year increases. The West Region saw the greatest growth in activity, with a 23.1% jump – the region’s greatest in the history of the Showing Index.”
The increase has spread across all four regions of the country, as the graph below shows:
Waiting for the “spring buyers’ market” may be a mistake this year. It seems the purchasers are already out and looking to buy.
REAL ESTATE ARTICLES
- Feeding St. George Families During Covid Crisis & Real Estate Spectacle
- Real Estate Chaos: What do you do with 21 offers on your house?
- St. George Real Estate (Foreclosure) Halloween!
- The Social Dilemma, how Social Media actually affects the Real Estate Market
- The #1 Thing You Can Do Now to Position Yourself to Buy a Home This Year