Black Friday is behind us and holiday gifts are flying off the shelves in stores and online. Unlike last year, however, there’s another type of buyer that is very active this winter – the homebuyer.
Each month, ShowingTime releases their Showing Index, which tracks the average number of appointments received on active U.S. house listings. The latest index revealed:
“Traffic was more active once again compared to 2018, as the nation saw its third straight month of higher year-over-year showing activity…The 5.5% increase in showings nationwide was the largest jump in activity during the now three-month streak of year-over-year increases vs. 2018.”
The same report indicates showings increased in every region of the country:
- The South increased by 10.8%
- The West increased by 8.6%
- The Northeast increased by 3.8%
- The Midwest increased by 1.5%
Why is the traffic more active?
One of the main reasons buyer traffic has increased year-over-year is that mortgage rates have fallen dramatically. According to Freddie Mac, the average mortgage rate last December was 4.64%. Today, the rate is almost a full percentage point lower!
There are first-time, move-up, and move-down buyers actively looking for the home of their dreams this winter. If you’re thinking of selling your house in 2020, you don’t need to wait until the spring to do it. Your potential buyer may be searching for a home in your neighborhood right now.
REAL ESTATE ARTICLES
- Feeding St. George Families During Covid Crisis & Real Estate Spectacle
- Real Estate Chaos: What do you do with 21 offers on your house?
- St. George Real Estate (Foreclosure) Halloween!
- The Social Dilemma, how Social Media actually affects the Real Estate Market
- The #1 Thing You Can Do Now to Position Yourself to Buy a Home This Year